var sidebar_align = 'right';
var content_container_margin = parseInt('290px');
var sidebar_width = parseInt('270px');
Unanswered: Database recommendation for database for logging application
I have a project that has some unique requirements and am hoping that someone has some recommendations:
- The application has only one table in the database
- Each row would be 188bytes
- One one thread would write to the table
- Up to 10 threads would read from the table at a time
- The database should be self maintaining (nobody with any database skills will be available to truncate logs, etc.)
- The database should be able to grow to 40gigs (216million rows)
- The database should be very lightweight on system resources (low memory and CPU utilization)
The only database that seems to be a perfect fit for this is Microsoft's Jet database, but I recall it has a 2gig limitation (or am I wrong?).
I thought that Jet was used to power Microsoft's Exchange server? (way more than 2gigs!)
Does anyone have any lightweight databases that I should consider instead of Jet?