Unanswered: How can I tell when a table has been update

Hi,

All tables in our database have been emptied and was wondering if there is a way to see when it was last updated (DML not DDL)?

Thanks.

Suppose you know when was it -- then what ?

If you dont have auditing enable, in 10g, having a nice undo_retention, you could run a query like
    Code:
    select versions_starttime, versions_endtime, versions_xid, versions_operation
      from your_table versions between timestamp minvalue and maxvalue
     order by versions_starttime
    and versions_operation will tell you which DML operation ocurred (I for insert, U for update and D for delete). If you want to find out the offending SQL statement, you could
    Code:
    select undo_sql
      from FLASHBACK_TRANSACTION_QUERY
     where xid = <version_xid from the query above>

Wow, that was quick. Thanks. Unfortunately the first query returned no rows.
    Last edited by danielbrowne; 11-21-06 at 11:37.

I should have added that the version we are using is:

Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release 10.2.0.2.0 - 64bit Production

It would be great if your query worked and you've read my mind about getting the offending SQL statement that caused the deletes.

Running the following with different timesstamps has given me the rough time that rows were deleted:

SQL> select count(*) from apf_Action_type AS OF TIMESTAMP TO_DATE('21-Nov-06 11:59','DD-Mon-YY HH24:MI')

COUNT(*)
    ----------

SQL> select count(*) from apf_Action_type AS OF TIMESTAMP TO_DATE('21-Nov-06 12:00','DD-Mon-YY HH24:MI');

COUNT(*)
    ----------

Well, that just tell you the undo generated for the delete that caused your tables to be empty was overwritten (it was expected I believe given all tables were deleted) and that probably retention guarantee was not set for the undo tablespace used to hold the undo information of the delete.

There's litle you can do about it (like, check v$sql for delete statements, hope you're lucky). I would suggest you to restore the db to a previous point in time and enable auditing to actually (auditing is enable by default on 10g but only for user SYS) find the culript of this.

If hope somebody else has other suggestion about this for you.

Thanks for you help.

try logminer... though it may not be realistic if the window of data loss is large, or if you've got too many archive logs to spin through