Unanswered: All I want to do is .....

I'm running my own little program to catch messages, process the data, and then send a response email back. Works great, except Microsoft finally patched Outlook 2000 so that you get the annoying little "some program is trying to send email on your behalf" message EVERY TIME like you always get in Outlook 2003.

Is there a way to set my Outlook to allow my Access program to always accept this for my program?

Thanks,
    tcace

redemption (Google it)
    view, save as draft, basically anything other than send

izy
    currently using SS 2008R2

thx.

I've googled this query, but get a wide variety of, shall we say "questionable" hits. I'll give redemption a closer look.

tc

oooops: i can imagine!

try http://www.dimastr.com/redemption/
    (with the usual caveats about no personal recommendation etc etc )

izy
    currently using SS 2008R2

Emailing

Here's a little emailing routine - it may or may not help you (although I don't think it's what your looking for after re-reading your post). Other than that, I also found a neat little emailing program called "Blat" which worked quite well and I didn't get any annoying messages and worked quite well with MSAccess. If you're interested in it, I can post the vba code to email via it.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Expert Database Programming
    MSAccess since 1.0, SQL Server since 6.5, Visual Basic (5.0, 6.0)

Well, Redemption looked like it had a lot of promise. It works great with minimal code changes until the bottom of my sub when I go to release the object variables - Access completely crashes. If I skip the release step (I know, bad proactice) then Access crashes once the sub ends (hey, at least Access as clearing local variables for me).

As for yours, Paul, it works good except it propegates the security warning, so I'm stuck. It is a good example of using the newer objects for sending email, however (I still use the old MAPI crap).

What's blat?

tc

---- Edit, 20 minutes later ----

Never mind - blat is perfect. I write the body to a text file and use blat to SMTP the contents to each user. Cuts Outlook (and a bunch of overhead) out of the picture. Thanks for the tip!!!!

a much happier tc
    Last edited by tcace; 11-25-06 at 02:03.