Unanswered: Help - updating stored procs !!

Hi all.

First post on here, so please excuse any ignorant parts of my question

We've recently had to migrate an application from one server to another, and had lots of problems getting it to work (NT4/SS7 -> 2K3/SS2K5). After much digging around I found the info on SQL server 2k5 changing the SUSER_NAME to SUSER_SNAME (I think from reading the change was actually from SQL Server 2000 - that correct ?).

Anyway I updated some of our stored procedures to correct that issue, and things *seem* to be working again (<-- famous last words, I know ), but I've been trying to find details of any other changes, particularly command changes, that I may need to make to our stored procedures.

To be honest I've found the info on Microsoft's main site and technet site next to useless - all seems to discuss very generic high-level procedures for database migration etc.. I didn't even find the SUSER change on there.

Could anyone point me to some useful information on other changes to look out for (within the SP's) ??

Thanks in advance for your help, and for taking the time to read this

Provided Answers: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by drathbone
    Hi all.

First post on here, so please excuse any ignorant parts of my question

We've recently had to migrate an application from one server to another, and had lots of problems getting it to work (NT4/SS7 -> 2K3/SS2K5). After much digging around I found the info on SQL server 2k5 changing the SUSER_NAME to SUSER_SNAME (I think from reading the change was actually from SQL Server 2000 - that correct ?).

Anyway I updated some of our stored procedures to correct that issue, and things *seem* to be working again (<-- famous last words, I know ), but I've been trying to find details of any other changes, particularly command changes, that I may need to make to our stored procedures.

To be honest I've found the info on Microsoft's main site and technet site next to useless - all seems to discuss very generic high-level procedures for database migration etc.. I didn't even find the SUSER change on there.

Could anyone point me to some useful information on other changes to look out for (within the SP's) ??

Thanks in advance for your help, and for taking the time to read this
    I wasn't aware that SUSER_NAME is no longer supported. That surprises me.
    I have upgraded several databases to 2005, and done a fair amount of sql programming in 2005, and I have not found anycode that is not backward compatible.
    If it's not practically useful, then it's practically useless.

blindman
    www.chess.com: "sqlblindman"
    www.LobsterShot.blogspot.com

fwiw, SUSER_NAME() and SUSER_SNAME() both work fine on my 2005 server (sp1).