Thread: how mysql works

Unanswered: how mysql works

hello

can any body help me ! I want to know when mysql server starts which and where are the mysql configuration files which are read when mysql server starts.

Regards
    Akshat..

Provided Answers: 59
    depends on what operating system you are running on.
    Generally MySQL is stareted just before, or just after the networking subsytem starts.

If you are using windows then you may need to open the service manager
    and select the appropriate action for MySQL.

If you are usign a Linux OS then you need to do something similar, I forget waht its called (on SUSE I think it was run level manager or soemthign similar

you need to check the boot logs (Linux) or Event log (Windows) to see if MySQL is attempting to satrat but failing, and find out why
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Provided Answers: 12

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by healdem
    depends on what operating system you are running on.
    Generally MySQL is stareted just before, or just after the networking subsytem starts.

If you are using windows then you may need to open the service manager
    and select the appropriate action for MySQL.

If you are usign a Linux OS then you need to do something similar, I forget waht its called (on SUSE I think it was run level manager or soemthign similar

you need to check the boot logs (Linux) or Event log (Windows) to see if MySQL is attempting to satrat but failing, and find out why
    thanks
    but i want to know when we start mysqld <server demon> on linux then how it start working i.e which config files it reads what initializations are done ?

thanks
    but i want to know when we start mysqld <server demon> on linux then how it start working i.e which config files it reads what initializations are done ?