Question Unanswered: Appending from XLS into a MEMO field

I believe that this should be a relatively easy fix.
    I'm trying to append from an XLS file with one of the columns going into a memo field. When I try this, the Memo field keeps coming up empty. I didn't use the IMPORT command because I have the structure of the table exactly the way it is needed and I don't want to keep modifying it due to the import.

Thanks.

What type of database? dBase? Foxpro?
    Lou
    使大吃一惊
    "Lisa, in this house, we obey the laws of thermodynamics!" - Homer Simpson
    "I have my standards. They may be low, but I have them!" - Bette Middler
    "It's a book about a Spanish guy named Manual. You should read it." - Dilbert

I'm trying to do the import into a FoxPro table. I can do it through the Import Wizard setting the field type to Memo. However, once the table gets created, I need to modify the structure to include additional fields. I tried to create the table in the format I need and then do the import, but VFP 7 APPEND FROM doesn't put the data into the MEMO field.

For work with excel files,use next application-fix xls,can proceed with analysis of damaged file and fix .xls,see the results in a preview window and fix corrupted xlsx files,your recovered data is not formatted,you can only preview your document, not fix corrupted xlsx,will save many hours of your work and help to fix corrupted xlsx files,restore data such as HDD corruption, download errors, viruses, hardware failure, that can lead to Excel file corruption.
    Last edited by zlatan24; 06-07-08 at 04:34.