Thread: Drop Down List

Arrow Unanswered: Drop Down List

I Was Thinking Wether Is It Possible To Just Select The Values From The Drop Down List In Combo Box And Not By Clicking It And Altering The Value. Like I Have A Combo Box Of Date And I Can Select One Date From The List Then Click It Alter The Date And If It Is Present It Will Continue . But I Dont Want This Clicking Thing

Any Help

What are you talking about???
    Back to Access ... ADO is not the way to go for speed ...

I Dont Want This Clicking Thing
    I think he's talking about my car!

(Must get it serviced soon ...)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryker
    I think he's talking about my car!

(Must get it serviced soon ...)
    The starter (or lack thereof ...) Yikes.

Go into the properties of the Combo Box. Under the Data Tab change Limit to List to YES. This will keep you from filtering on a date that is not in your list.

hmm i meant that i dont want to type anything.say my combo box has these values . A,B,C,D,E,F,G,. right now what i can do is type d and d will be selected from the list. In short i dont want to type anything . i just want to select it from the mouse

please try to work out what your question is BEFORE you ask it.

And Not By Clicking It
    vs
    i just want to select it from the mouse

izy
    currently using SS 2008R2

Ideally this one is the quintessential "I want the computer to read my mind and select it for me" ...

Provided Answers: 19
    Is It Possible To Just Select The Values From The Drop Down List In Combo Box And Not By Clicking It... In short i dont want to type anything . i just want to select it from the mouse.
    So you don't want to type anything, and you don't want to "click" anything! The Grand Poobah is apparently right; you just want the mouse to read the user's mind! you want the computer to magically guess what the user wants!
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007

The starter (or lack thereof ...) Yikes.
    The Grand Poobah is a mechanic as well a computer guru!

Yeah, I've been havening problems with the car starting (not just when it's cold. Oh well, another small fortune.

Does the poster mean he wants the combo box ordered alphabetically so that he can just type in the first letter or two of a selection? Trouble is you've still got to click, press TAB or do something to proceed afte that!

I have an on click action on most of my combo boxes, so type in a couple of letters press the TAB key and wallah another for opens with the relevant data showing ....

Provided Answers: 19
    Is It Possible To Just Select The Values From The Drop Down List In Combo Box And Not By Clicking It... In short i dont want to type anything . i just want to select it from the mouse.
    Per his own words he wants the mouse to magically know what he wants, without typing, clicking or presumably, since he won't click with the mouse already in his hand, hitting <Tab> or <Enter>! I think he's going to have to wait awhile for the boys in Redmond to catch up with him!
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007

Yeah but the way MS is going the next version is not going to read your mind it's going to tell you what you need to think!