I have a problem with the references in one database. I have created a code database that I reference. The code database is nothing but modules that do string manipulation and other common functions. When I refer to this database the Location is correct (database on the server). When I copy the frontend to the user system the Location changes to the local directory the file was moved to.
I do this with 5 or 6 databases and this database is the only one that is changing the path/location. Anyone have any thoughts?
So wait, are you talking 5/6 copies of the same database, or 5/6 databases that reference this common code bank function properly?
If it's the latter, I would check to make sure you used a full UNC instead of an absolute file path. Maybe you used a drive mapping instead of the "\\servername\path" convention and it's confusing the database.
Hard to say without knowing abit more about where this code bank lives and how it gets referenced...
It's the latter. I have databases split into Tasks. But I have one code database that is referenced by all the task databases. When I add the reference the location shows \\server\folder1\folder2 etc.
The code database is on the server and the task databases get copied to the c: drive of the user's system. I have copied it on several machines and to different drives and folders (C:\Folder and W:\Folder\Folder2\) and in each case the location is changed to the path the task database is put into. Very odd. To make things more confusing, I moved the reference up in the list of references and it fixed the problem for some systems and not others.
I will be checking some other server/workstation permission type things tomorrow.