Unanswered: IO requests taking > 15 seconds to complete (was "Hi, I'm new, and I need help")

i have an aplication with any problems, the aplication is hang and in the log is

SQL Server has encountered 1 occurrence(s) of IO requests taking longer than 15 seconds to complete on file [d:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL\data\tempdb.mdf] in database [tempdb] (2). The OS file handle is 0x000003DC. The offset of the latest long IO is: 0x00000016930000 and the aplication log is

E R R: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][Shared Memory]ConnectionWrite (WrapperWrite()). NUMERO -2147467259 FUENTE Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers

can yu help me

Provided Answers: 6
    do you know what sql server profiler is?
    “If one brings so much courage to this world the world has to kill them or break them, so of course it kills them. The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.” Earnest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms.

this has got to be 2k5
    Brett
    8-)

It's a Great Day for America everybody!

dbforums Yak CorralRadio 'Rita
    dbForums Member List
    I'm Good Once as I ever was

The physical order of data in a database has no meaning.

Provided Answers: 6
    I am still doing my homework on 2k5. There is some stuff in that Inside SQL 2K5 T-SQL Programming that is challenging some of my long held prejudices.
    “If one brings so much courage to this world the world has to kill them or break them, so of course it kills them. The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.” Earnest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms.

Provided Answers: 11
    No, SQL 2k5 would write to a MSSQL.1 directory somewhere. This smells more like SQL 2000, but it is an error I am unfamiliar with. Sounds like it may be trying to run on a USB attached disk, or something slow like that.