Senior Macro Data Analyst - In House Statistical EXPERT
Senior Macro Data Analyst – Custom Analytics
Location: Reston, VA
To apply for this position, please visit www.comscorecareers.com or call Peter Radloff at 703-438-2372 with questions.
comScore Networks is seeking a senior-level Data Analyst, with a penchant for statistical analyses, and resolving data issues that are applicable to day-to-day business functions and business projections. If you have experience solving real-world issues, can analyze data and present findings on a large, organizational impact scale, then we need your expertise.
Senior Macro Data Analyst will play a key role in researching and conducting quantitative analyses that drive strategic business decisions. Primary focus will be on thorough case study data analysis using statistical models and other quantitative techniques including database research, advanced statistical analyses, and comparative reporting.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced statistical analyst with a proven track record of solving real world online activity validation in a large scale database environment. Must possess practical, hands-on experience using techniques such as regression analysis, cluster analysis, decision trees, factor analysis and other statistical techniques is highly desired. You should be able to describe the types of issues that you solved and the process and procedures you used to come to that finding.
Critical to your success will be the ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with members of the management team as well as statisticians and senior analysts. Experience presenting statistical/analytical findings that impact business efforts to senior management is critical.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Influence business decisions with clear and concise articulation of recommended approach, appropriate statistical methods, model performance, and results
• Experience extracting, compiling, and summarizing large volumes of data into useable information utilizing SAS software and commercial business intelligence tools
• Develop and execute against an overall analytic plan, from model conception through validation and release
• Develop multivariate statistical models utilized for the analysis of both database and survey data (examples include linear and logistic regression, cluster analysis, factor analysis, multinomial logic and choice-based modeling)
• Experience with analyzing category, customer or market data and information as part of the process of preparing reports and presentations in a marketing research environment
• Produce and disseminate learning/knowledge from internal R&D, database analysis, primary research, and/or external sources
• Experience and strong knowledge of applied statistical methods including multiple linear and nonlinear regression models, time series analysis, multidimensional scaling and mapping, and nonparametric analysis.
• Working knowledge of industry conventions in data collection and tabulation for survey research including sampling, cross-tab analysis, and multivariate weighting
• Provide advanced predictive modeling, profiling, and segmentation expertise
• Ability to plan, develop, and implement an analytical study.
• The ability to work with the data development staff to implement new models into production and establish quality control procedures.
• Bachelors or Masters degree in business, economics, quantitative discipline (mathematics, statistics) or equivalent work experience
• Experience working with large scale projections and large data sets.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Advanced SAS and SQL programming experience, and experience working with large databases preferred
• 5+ years experience with statistical modeling and analysis using SAS
• Ability and desire to understand both the business and technical requirements
At comScore Networks, employees enjoy competitive compensation and vacation benefits, comprehensive health care coverage, 401(k) savings plan, a fast paced and exciting office environment and much more.
comScore is a truly innovative company that is improving clients' sales and marketing efforts by leveraging the power of the Internet. Using our massive Internet-based databases, we have developed a revolutionary set of information products that provide real time understanding of consumer behavior. These products can be used by marketers, financial and strategic planners, money managers, economists and other senior executives to stay abreast of important trends and changes in consumer activity. This is an exciting and intellectually challenging opportunity for a creative and motivated individual to contribute to the explosive growth of an industry leader. By helping our clients adopt and deploy solutions that provide exceptional competitive advantage you will in turn help drive comScore's continued success.