Unanswered: Query using a selective field list

MS Access: I have had a request to be able to filter records based on a field list to generate a report. In short, when this individual initiates the report, they want to be prompted with a userlist of names then be able to select one or multiple or all individuals (about 10 or less coming from another table) so that only data for those selected shows up when a report is generated.

Yeah? Well good for you ... Looks like a bunch of fun ... Is there a question here?
    Back to Access ... ADO is not the way to go for speed ...

Give the user a list box that's bound to the field of the table the criteria comes from. Make sure to set the Multi Select property to either Simple or Extended. Then provide code to build the query ("WHERE something = 'x' or something = 'y' or something = ..."). See the Help for the Selected property, where Microsoft gives you the entire code to capture the selected items. Of course it's up to you to build the SQL statement correctly.

Sam

Thanks Sam, I will give this a try. I am glad that you understood my question without me having to explicity say that I do not know how to do this in Access and needed some useful input.