Unanswered: Report-Subreport, Grouping and Sorting

Hi Everyone,

What I need to group: 1. by business 2. by products 2.5. Within the products, some specific products need to be grouped also.

I think I need 3 headers for this, I only have 2: business header and product header.

I tried many ways to do this, only one way worked - but there has to be an easier way.

There are like say 10 businesses, so I created 10 subreports, each report has all the products under that specific business. I merged all 10 subreports into one. This is the only way to group those specific products that I know of. All 10 reports are derived from the same table, which defeats the meaning of subreports.

As of now, there is no field or column that I could group those unique products together. Do I need to create a new field to group those specific products? If so, how?

Thanks in advance,

To simply: I merged 10 subreports together into 1. All 10 reports are from the same data table. Each subreport groups an individual business and its products. I have two group headings: business header and product header, but I need another field to group specific businesses together. That's why I created subreports to solve this problem, my question is, is there another way to do this?
    Last edited by tialongz; 11-29-06 at 21:54.

metro Detroit
    If these are all ending up on the same report, why are you using subreports?

You should be able to simply group by business then product then your third grouping in a single report.

As to your third grouping, you will need something to group on. If you can't create an appropriate value (using an iif statement in a query, or the first X charactors of a field - depending on your data) then you would need to add a field to the table.