Unanswered: Vertical Fields: Data Overlay

Hi all. I hope this is just a question that shows that I'm a CR novice. I've got two fields displayed vertically in the same section - field1 above field2. Both can grow. Inevitably if the data in the field1 is greater than the area allowed by the design height it expands and appears over field2.

Apart from moving field2 lower down the section to a point where theoretically field1 won't grow to, is there a way round this problem?

I would be tempted to split the section, leaving field1 in the original section and placing field2 in the new section.

Using the Section Expert, choose the current section these fields are in and click "Insert". That will give you a new section at the same group level as the original - for example Detailsa and Detailsb in place of one Details section. Put a check in the "Suppress Blank Section" option. Click "OK" to return to the report designer. Drag field2 to the new section and adjust the height of the old section to the bottom of field1.

When field1 grows, the section it is in will grow. The new section - which is where field2 is - will move farther down as necessary.

Thanks for that little nugget trowe. I thought new sections meant new grouping...I'm glad to be proved wrong.