Unanswered: Access Object Limititations

Is there a limit to the total number of objects in an Access MDB? 2GB on the size, but how many forms, queries, tables etc. I'm close to about 2000 and just a little concerned. Are linked tables included in the object count?
    Thanks

Are you saying 2GB size on the actual mdb/mde file? That would be extremely large as the biggest size I've had with an mdb/mde file (with linked SQL Server tables) is 40 meg. 2000 Forms/reports/queries does seem like a lot. Although I've had a lot of queries, I found that I really didn't need hardly any queries as I could do most of these via opening recordsets in vba commands and using functions. You might want to also be concerned about the growth of the mdb/mde file. I've known that it's best to monitor the size of the mdb/mde file and it's growth as this usually meant something was "leaking" if it grew too big, especially when I kept dimensioning new variables and opening new recordsets based on existing recordsets which were already open.
    Expert Database Programming
    MSAccess since 1.0, SQL Server since 6.5, Visual Basic (5.0, 6.0)

No, I mean the actual limitation to the number of local tables, forms, queries, reports, etc. I have 500MB A2K3 backend db's with no problems. I am interested in the FE count.
    thanks for your help

Provided Answers: 6
    Look in Help for "specifications" to find the number of objects for your version of Access.
    Paul

Sorry Winston, Not sure on this as I never really reached any limits on this (but again, I used SQL Server as a backend) and never reached a limitation on the number of forms/reports or queries. I'm guessing there's some limitation but I just haven't had the unfortunate opportunity to come accross any of those limitations. Good luck. I'm sure someone else will give you an answer on those limitations although I think you can find some limitations on the Microsoft website under MSAccess specifcations/limitations (via a search). I do remember seeing an article on it once but I'll be danged if I can recall where (I think it was on the Microsoft website and also via googling it.)
    Last edited by pkstormy; 11-30-06 at 17:44.
    Expert Database Programming
    MSAccess since 1.0, SQL Server since 6.5, Visual Basic (5.0, 6.0)