Unanswered: Problem with acHidden

I have a report with image controls in it. The image controls .Picture property is set in VBA on the reports On Activate event. When I print this report with the following code, the images are not printed:

Code:
    DoCmd.OpenReport "rptQ", acViewNormal, "", "", acHidden
    To get around this, I tried opening the report in preview mode, then printing:

DoCmd.OpenReport "rptQ", acViewPreview, "", "", acHidden
    DoCmd.OpenReport "rptQ", acViewNormal, "", "", acHidden
    DoCmd.Close acReport, "rptQ"
    This works, with the images being printed. However, despite using acHidden, the report quickly flashes-up on screen before being printed. It looks very messy and unprofessional. Is there a way I can get round this?

I also have the same problem when I try to create a snapshot file.

Not sure if this would work but could you open the report and quickly set it to invisible (it may not work though):

Docmd.openreport "rptQ",acviewnormal
    Reports!rptQ.visible = false
    Expert Database Programming
    MSAccess since 1.0, SQL Server since 6.5, Visual Basic (5.0, 6.0)

I'd like to try that, but I'm having problems using the Reports collection because my report name is concatenated. This what I'm using:

Code:
    DoCmd.OpenReport "rptQ" & intItems, acViewNormal
    Reports!rptName & intItems.Visible = False
    However, the 2nd line doesn't work. I've tried a few variations, but I can't get the concatenated reference to work. Can anyone help?

When referring to an item in the reports collection with a dynamic name, try for instance

Reports("rptQ" & intItems).Visible = False

or

Dim strReport as String
    strReport = "rptQ" & intItems
    DoCmd.OpenReport strReport, acViewNormal
    Reports(strReport).Visible = False
    Roy-Vidar

Provided Answers: 19
    Reports aren't my longsuit, by any stretch of the imagination, but something that did strike me as odd was the fact many of your attempts above show OpenReport with 5 parameters (the last being acHidden) whereas, per Access Help, OpenReport only takes 4 parameters. acHidden as the last parameter is only valid, I believe, when used with OpenForm. Am I missing something here? An undocumented feature, maybe?

DoCmd.OpenReport reportname[, view][, filtername][, wherecondition]
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007

Starting with the 2002/xp version, I think, the openreport method of the docmd object also got WindowMode and OpenArgs arguements (as forms have).
    Roy-Vidar

Provided Answers: 19
    I see! Another question, Roy-Vidar. I'm not used to seeing a zero-length strings used instead of simply spaces for unused parameters. Could this be causing Access to "stutter" as it evaluates them?
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007

I don't know, as I've never tried

I think I've seen someone writing something along the lines of what you suggest, recommending not to pass anything unless one has something to pass, but I'm not able to find/verify this at the moment.
    Roy-Vidar