Question Unanswered: Update Nulls across Multiple Fields

I'm using Access 2000 and I would like to create an update query that will change any table records where one of the fields is null to 0(zero) , without having to create a query for each field. In other words one record will have a field that is null and others that aren't. I want to only update the null fields to 0 and leave the non null fields intact. Is there a way to do this without inadvertantly updateing fields that aren't null ?

Thanks in advance

The Bottom of The Barrel
    Provided Answers: 1
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

*** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***

out on a limb
    Provided Answers: 59
    why change?
    null isnt the same as 0
    0 means the value for that column is 0, nullmeans its unknown or unspecified.

this makes a huge discrepancy if you arre doing statictical analysis on datasets containing NULLS or 0

Im just wondering if the real issue is presentation?
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

The fields that contain null are later used in calculations that are made in a query.
    It seems if null is the value the formulas don’t calculate correctly. The formulas in the query use the IIF function here is one example of a formula Expr1: IIf([MV LEFT 2]>=1 & [MV LEFT 2]<=[MV BRK PT2],[MV LEFT 2],0)

Not sure if that helps or confuses matters

Préverenges, Switzerland
    keep the nulls in the table - you never know when they might be useful

in your query replace thisField with nz(thisField, 0) anywhere you might have nulls (check the table definition)

currently using SS 2008R2

try this:

IIf(nz([MV LEFT 2],0)>=1 & nz([MV LEFT 2],0)<=nz([MV BRK PT2],0),nz([MV LEFT 2],0),0)

assumes that any of the values can be null