Provided Answers: 1

Unanswered: Apparent glitch in 2005 Management Studio

Found some bad behavior in the 2005 Management Studio Import and Export Wizard.

In the Select Source Tables and Views box, I selected multiple objects, and then clicked Edit Mappings.

The Transfer Settings dialog box appears, and states: "Define the settings that can be applied to all selected table transfers."
    I selected the "Delete rows in existing destination tables" option to overwrite the existing data. But Management Studio DID NOT DELETE THE ROWS IN THE EXISTING TABLES. Instead, the records were appended to existing data, wreaking havoc on our month-end accounting system.
    This happened multiple times, and occured even though the final screen confirmed that existing records would be deleted in each of the individual tables.
    If it's not practically useful, then it's practically useless.

blindman "sqlblindman"

on the wrong server
    Provided Answers: 6
    don't you know to wait for the first service pack on MS products? oh wait sp 1 is already out.
    “If one brings so much courage to this world the world has to kill them or break them, so of course it kills them. The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.” Earnest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms.

yuck. for the record I never worked on that component