Unanswered: Combo Boxes, Autonumbers and Subforms

I'm trying to create a form in which a client is selected in a combo box, information is displayed from the same table about the client, and a subform displays a chart of information from a second table (Vouchers). The Client table uses an autonumber (ConsID) as the primary key. ConsID is a foreign key in Vouchers. The relationship is set to 1 Client to Many Vouchers.

The whole form works exactly the way I want it to when the navigation buttons are used but when I use the combo box to select the Client it gives me an error: "Control can't be edited; it's bound to AutoNumber field 'ConsID'. I've gotten it to work by opening the subform with a macro when the combo box changes but that's not very elegant to say the least.

Essentially, all I'm trying to do is select a Client and display the related Vouchers for editing as though I'd entered the appropriate record number in the navigation bar.

Any help would be appreciated.

Figured it out

Once I realized you could link a control on the master to a field in the child everything worked just fine. I always thought you had to pick from the lists.