Unanswered: Problem opening .mdb file

Access 2000
    WinXp Pro

Greetings:

I have a small access database that I keep on my thumb drive, the last time I closed it I removed my thumb drive before it finished saving and I got the windows was “unable to save” dialog box. Well, the next time I tried to open it, it would not open; when I click on it, it asks for the password (password protected) but when I enter the correct password “Nothing”. I tried to compact and repair but all I get is the option to browse as though there is no file open.

I have researched but can find no solution. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Well you might have gummed it up good ... Does it complete the C&R? Or does it give you the "invalid password" blurb? About the only thing I can offer is to try an ODBC repair ... This repair can get around the password to fix what's wrong ... Obviously, if your premature pullout happened at a critical moment, then maybe retoring from a backup is the only thing that can be done.
    Back to Access ... ADO is not the way to go for speed ...

Actually the file's security seems to be intact; if you enter an incorrect pw it will give you the typical error. Once the correct password is entered, it goes thru the motions as though it's opening, MSAccess continues to run but the file does not open.

thanks

also happened to me recently

and...

i ended up reworking recent additions from my last back-up

the mdb was totally (poof)

moral:
    always keep a back-up of your most recent file
    Only quitters quit!