Unanswered: Access Repair Program

Greetings:

I am looking for a program that will repair a MsAccess 2000 .mdb file. So far all I have been able to find is those that repair the tables, does anyone know of a program that will repair the entire file including the forms?

Thanks

Mickey

Perhaps if you explain what is in need of repair, we can help you resolve the situation right here in the forum. Things may not be as bad as they appear.

Environment:
    Self Taught In ALL Environments.....And It Shows!

I have an Access Database approximately. 30mb, that is stored on my thumb drive. I recently closed the program, but removed the drive before it was completely saved. I received an error message from windows. When I tried to open it again it would not open, I receive no error message it just will not open. What happens is when I click on it Access opens up and it requests the password, (The file is password protected), When I enter the password Access remains open but the file does not open. I attempted to compact and repair but once again it requests the password but does nothing. It is if Access cannot read the file. The file security seems to be intact because if you enter the wrong password it gives the typical error dialog box. If you check the properties on the file, it indicates the correct file size. I have recovered the tables and data but not the forms and code.

Provided Answers: 19
    This is the copy on the thumb drive you're trying to revive? What about the original?
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007

The original has far less data, as the copy on the thumb drive represents several hrs of work. I was working on a laptop and my backup is on my home computer, thus the incident occurred before I had the opportunity to back up the days work...Needless to say I will think my strategy..

apart from saying the blindingly obvious (ripping out the thumb drive was a bad idea) i have one simple suggestion:
    close (to the extent that you can open) the database.
    do you have one or more files xxxx.LDB remaining on the thumbdrive?
    if yes: delete *.LDB
    ...and try again.

if the problem is not simply orphaned .LDB files then i guess you are stuck with drive corruption rather than db corruption... probably your route is more towards drive recovery rather than db recovery.

izy
    currently using SS 2008R2

No there was no record locking file present, I also copied the file to a HD during my recovery efforts.

As far as prematurely disconnecting the thumb drive, I whole-heartedly concur. An erudite testimony of my persona I suppose.