Thread: Report Issues

Unhappy Unanswered: Report Issues

I created a report with a border and a watermark logo in the center of the page. The fields on the report is too much for one page. Is there a way to have the border and logo automatically shown on the other pages? Also is there a way to format the fields? For example if I have a field that contains say 3 paragraphs of data and only 2 paragraphs can hold on page 1, is there a way to place the third paragraph on page 2?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

if you can post an example i'll have a quick look, see if i can do anything

Watermarks on reports are difficult, especially when you are attempting to apply a border to the report. The best way I found to display things such as logos, etc. is to put them in the Report Header or Page Header. This will help but then you also have to deal with the borders. To deal with borders, make your border and leave the Record Source for the report blank. Then on the OnFormat event of the detailed section, open a recordset which retrieves the information you need for the report and write that information to blank (no Control Source) text boxes on the report. Thus you will not have any fields in the report with a Control Source and your report will not have a Record Source. I've attempted several ways around this and have always failed due to the way MSAccess handles expanding (growing/shrinking) fields. So I thought of it this way, create an unbound report which is designed the way I want it to look, and then populate the unbound fields via the OnFormat propert of the detail section. Good luck and if you find a better way, let me know.
    Last edited by pkstormy; 12-12-06 at 15:35.
    Expert Database Programming
    MSAccess since 1.0, SQL Server since 6.5, Visual Basic (5.0, 6.0)

Thanks - I would like to give it a shot but not familiar with recordset etc.
    Last edited by toukey1; 12-12-06 at 22:43.

Not to familar with postings examples. How can send you an example of the report?

I will try and send you an example later. Others might be able to send you something in the meanwhile as I have a lot of things to exclude from the program (confidentiality).

Pkstormy

Is it possible for me to send you a copy of the report which I am trying to create. Maybe if you have a look at it you can better advise me as to whether it can be done or not.

Sure, I might be able to look at it. Post it up here and I am sure someone will take a look but I will attempt to see if there's anything I can do.

Pkstormy,

I am uploading the file called B.Slip Fire.zip which contains the Word document I would like to reproduce in Access. Please let me know if it is possible.

Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files