Unanswered: Using Digital Certificate

Is there any way to put and use a personal digital certificate on a workstation which does not have Office installed? Or can it be reside on the server and be read by the workstation? The access program i wrote runs in runtime mode on each workstation and the database is on a local server (lan). The program is only for inhouse use, but we want to use it on several workstations without installing office on them.

Provided Answers: 1
    You're using the Access run time environment then right? I don't understand how you can load an mdb from any location without having access installed unless you used the developer edition...
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

*** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***

I am using the package wizard from Microsoft access 3003 developer extensions which came with my Action pack. I can create a personal digital certificate from ms office tools. Then i sign the vba before i package it. Works fine on the machine where i created the cert. Can't figure out how to make the cert on a machine w/o office!

Provided Answers: 1
    Ah, you can't do that unless you run your own Certificate Authority. The personal cert you use on your local machine is limited in scope to your machine only. Verisign digital signatures for VBA are relatively inexpensive if you don't want to run your own CA, I would recommend looking into them.
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

*** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***

Thank u very much, teddy... i guess that is the answer i was dreading, but didn't want 2 face... thanks 4 clearing it up 4 me!