Unanswered: Evaluation report

I want to create a form so we can evaluate our services from a form we send out to our customers. There are 15 questions. The customer checks either Exceeds Expectations, Meets Expectations or Falls Below Expectations. Is there a way to evaluate that information in Access per customer and all customers together so we can see where we need to improve?

In as many ways as you can imagine (and then more that you can't) ... Having a more specific question would yield you a more specific answer ...
    Back to Access ... ADO is not the way to go for speed ...

What other information do you need?

A more specific definition of your requirements ... You want a form. What do you want to see/have display on this form? A single customer's evaluation response and the overall response?

You gotta design what you want and then that will drive how to make it happen ...

Here is an example of a few questions on the form.
    (Had to put periods in so things would somewhat line up)

.............................Meets.........Exceeds ........Falls Below
    ..........................Expectations....Expectat ions....Expectations

1. On Time delivery ________ ____X_____ __________
    2. Quality of Service ____X___ ___________ __________
    3. Prices of Services ____X___ ___________ __________

There are 12 more questions and a place after that for a comment
    We mail these out and get them back. I want to put this information in Access and somehow analyze/evaluate it to see where we need to improve per customer and all customers as a whole. Im fairly new to Access so I need a little more help than most of you people to put this together.

Thanks

Any ideas how I can get this thiing done?

Quote Originally Posted by crunch
    Any ideas how I can get this thiing done?
    Sure ... Lots of them. Unfortunately, none that you'd have even a remote chance at understanding ... What you need to figure out is HOW you want the query for your results and then WHERE you want to do this ... By how I mean, do you want to do VBA code or stored queries? Where is meant for in the form or in a macro?

Crunch... it appears your starting from scratch. If so...
    1) build/design a table(s) to hold your data
    2) build/design a form to input the data into the table(s) above
    3) create a query to call up the data stored in the above table(s)
    4) build/design a report, based on the query results, to calculate and display your data.

Easier said than done I know, but thats the basic steps you need to do in order to turn your paper data into electronic data.

Larry

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by crunch
    I want to create a form so we can evaluate our services from a form we send out to our customers. There are 15 questions. The customer checks either Exceeds Expectations, Meets Expectations or Falls Below Expectations. Is there a way to evaluate that information in Access per customer and all customers together so we can see where we need to improve?
    Crunch, I guess the real nitty gritty of it is from square one.....Are you familiar with Database Design at all? Is this your first time? First with Access? Any knowledge of it at all? Familiar with Table Design? This forum is mainly to assist someone who gets stuck at some point in their database design or funtioning. Not really a training ground, but if you have the basics that will give you a starting point to ask the proper questions. Otherwise others will talk circles around you till someone turns blue and you will not have understood anything.
    Now, let's get to square one???

btw, not being smarty, just trying to help you help others help you.
    Season's Greetings to you all....Been a long while for me.
    BUD