Unanswered: Link Spreadsheet

In my excel file, first the couple rows are used for titles. When you link a spreadsheet to access using the wizard, there is an option of "first row contains column headings". What happens if my headings are on the third or fourth row? How do I modify it so access would think my third row contains column headings?

Thanks in advance.

Access will only be able to use the first row as the headers. I don't know of any way to use the third or fourth row. I would suggest removing the Title rows and creating a Custom Header in File/Page Setup for your titles. It will look the same when you print it in Excel and will allow you to have your header row as the first row.

Quote Originally Posted by DCKunkle
    Access will only be able to use the first row as the headers. I don't know of any way to use the third or fourth row. I would suggest removing the Title rows and creating a Custom Header in File/Page Setup for your titles. It will look the same when you print it in Excel and will allow you to have your header row as the first row.
    2 Questions:
    I created a header. I only able to see the header when I go to print view. Is there any way...to make it show on the worksheet?

I have 2 headers, which means 2 rows. Is there a way to a insert 2 headers to 1 worksheet?

thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by DCKunkle
    Access will only be able to use the first row as the headers.
    For the record, this isn't so. All you need to do is to specify the Range parameter of the TransferSpreadsheet correctly to capture the heading line. If, for example, the heading line is Row 4, in the Range parameter specify the entire range, e.g., "Sheet2!A4:X124". It captures the heading line just fine.

Sam