Unanswered: Forms won't close

Hello Everybody;

I am using the following code to close some forms but they won't close. What am I missing here? I have used this code on many other forms and it works fine. Stumped !

Private Sub cmd_Return_Click()

DoCmd.Close , "frm_EditProductionData_Params"
    DoCmd.Close , "frm_EditProductionData_mgr"
    ' Go to Resolve switchboard
    DoCmd.OpenForm "SwitchboardMain", acNormal, "", "", , acNormal
    DoCmd.Maximize

End Sub

Thanks...
    Larry

do you get any errors???? Do those forms have dependencies????
    Back to Access ... ADO is not the way to go for speed ...

Hi M Owen;

No errors. Dependencies... how do you mean? The forms in question does not need to be open for other forms to relate to. However, the frm_EditProductionData_Params I needed to be open (I think) until the query which feeds frm_EditProductionData_mgr ran. The code I attached below is located on the frm_EditProductionData_mgr cmd_Close button on that form. I left the frm_EditProductionData_Params form open while editing the data on frm_EditProductionData_mgr.

I noticed the problem when I went back in to edit more data with different parameters, the ..._Params form still had the same data entered previously because the form never closed. I even tried to code the on-open event of the ..._Params form with StartDate = "" (one of the parameters on the form). But that didn't clear the controls (unbound controls).

Larry

? shouldn't it be
    docmd.close acform, "nameOfForm"

i see you have the , in there, so maybe acform is the default and i'm talking crap again.

izy
    currently using SS 2008R2

Provided Answers: 19
    No, acDefault (whatever that is) is, oddly enough, the default, so he does need the acForm!
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007

Hello Everyone;

Well that did it... added acForm, bla and the forms are now closing. This is so weird... I have many forms that I close using the exact same code (without the acForm) and they close just fine. Normally I don't even use the name, just DoCmd,Close , "". Could that be the difference... specifying the name?

Thanks...

Larry

2K3 help says:
    expression.Close(ObjectType, ObjectName, Save)
    If you leave the objecttype and objectname arguments blank (the default constant, acDefault, is assumed for objecttype), Microsoft Access closes the active window.

izy
    currently using SS 2008R2