Unanswered: SQL query timestamp

How to find the starting timestamp and end timestamp of a sql that executed on the database. I tried snapshot on dynamic sql. It does not provide when the query started

You can use an event monitor for statements and capture detail about the execution of a statement including elapsed time, operation start and end times etc.

I cannot use event monitors. Does any of the snapshots provide this information ?

Using a command line window I can do a get snapshot for application agentid n - I get to see the start and end times of previous unit of work and operation. What uow or op that was is questionable. I find the snapshot to be most valuable when looking at cumulative counters - rows read by an app since connect etc. Capturing current operation is difficult and probably error prone. I'm working in V7.2 still so there may be improved facilities in 8/9.

I know an event monitor gives that information - really useful info. You didn't say why you can't use an event monitor but I would feel naked without that functionality.