Exclamation Unanswered: Replace .BMP images with .PNG Image (Already converted to .PNG) Thanks

Me and my boss ran into a problem with a DB today that saves scanned documents into the DB itself, which I know will make the DB bloated ... We asked our clients to save the files as .JPG or .PNG - But instead they saved the scanned file as a .BMP which made the DB 2.0gb. So our program cannot convert the DB with our new software.

I need to figure a way to change out the HUGE 10mb .BMP files, too the converted .PNG's I batched in Photoshop.

Is there a way to change the image out without going threw each and ever file and replacing them?

This will help out so much, you would save a small business in need.

We plan to REFER the images from a folder instead of embedding the files into the DB ASAP because this is a big problem.

The Bottom of The Barrel
    Provided Answers: 1
    You could do it in as a "droplet" which is effectively a macro in photoshop. Another option would be infranview, my personal choice.
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

*** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***

I converted the Orginal .BMP's to .PNG's already, but the problem is that the BMP's are embedded into the DB itself. Is there a macro or tool to replace the embedded images in the DB with the new .PNGs not in the DB?
    Hope that helps some, thanks for any help!