Unanswered: Work around the crosstab restriction of allowing only 1 value field.

I know a crosstab query only allows 1 value field, but how to do you around this restriction?

I have a table with let’s say customers, products, calendar year (this field include year 2005-2007), months and a number of expense fields. I was told that to get the sums of products (expenses) per year I need to create a crosstab query. The problem is that some expense fields are added together or grouped together, so I need a new field in the query for each expense group. Therefore I will have many value fields, but only one is allowed in a crosstab query.

Anyone know how to work around this problem?

Thanks in advance.

In other words, how do you merge the outputs from many crosstabs into one?
    I need generate a report from a couple crosstabs, how can you do it without subreports?

thanks

Provided Answers: 1
    I can't picture what you're trying to do. Crosstab queries by definition only have one "value" field. It's like saying "In excel, how do I get around only having only one 'Column A'?"
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

*** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***

The normal way you'd do something like this is to calculate the values in a query than base the cross tab on that query
    Definition of a Beginner, Someone who doesn't know the rules.

Definition of an Expert, Someone who knows when to ignore the rules.