Unanswered: Oracle Grid Control

Hi,

I would like to know how many people out there succeed install Oracle Grid Control 10g Rel.2?
    I have tried to install so many time and the problem I have is... there's no "emctl" command from $ORACLE_HOMES/bin. Database is up, Agent is up, Controlling the Oracle Mgment Service is up, but couldn't bring the Application Server Control and start Oracle Management Service because of "EMCTL" is not existed from $ORACLE_HOMES/bin directory.

Talked to our onsite Oracle Support and she kept saying it should be there, but it was there. I deleted and installed so many times for this Grid Control and now it screwed up everything... She told me that a lot of people from our dept was succeed install and run it... but couldn't tell me whom?

If someone out there succeed install Grid Control, may you show me how to make it work?????

Thanks,
    BV

Well, the emctl executable you will find under $ORACLE_HOME/bin is the Enterprise Manager Database Control (that is, if you chose it to install when you installed your DB). You should be looking for the Oracle Management Service executable under your oms home. Find your oms home on your oratab file (under /etc or /var/opt/oracle).

Thanks,
    I found 'emctl' on $AGENT_HOME/bin, OMS, and IAS_HOME directories but none on the ORACLE_HOME directory. It should be on under there as well, according to the document, how to start and stop EM Components (Doc ID: NOte:298991.1) we can start/stop Oracle Management Agent, Controlling the Oracle Mgmt Service, Applicatin Service Control, OracleAS Web Cache, and Database Control. For Database Control, we need to run "emctl" from ORACLE_HOME/bin directory to start and stop, but it's not existed.

But.. Database Control is to control locally just that one instance. For example, I have configured Grid Control here at my workplace, and I dont have any 'emctl' under my $ORACLE_HOME/bin of the repository database because I chose not to install Enterprise Manager. All I need to get Grid Control started is opmn startall and start the agent as well.. have you tried that ?

Yes I did but the grid control url didn't open. I removed the database, deinstalled the software using OUI, reinstall again... and samething... the Oracle Support onsite here kept telling me remove, reinstall.... blah blah.... now the software installed but couldn't create the instance. I have no ideas what's going now...