Thread: Calculations

Unanswered: Calculations

Kind of a newbie to calculations here's my dilema.

I work for a sports team and am putting together a customer database
    showing how many tickets they have purchased for a particular event and at what price. here is how it looks.
    8 columns:

Name Address AdultQty ChildQty AdultPrice ChildPrice Totaltickets Dollartotal

Now, I have made a form and put in calculations to figure how many total tickets they purchased, and also the total dollar amount. The formula works fine in the form but does not transfer the data into the table where it is stored.
    How do I make it store that calculation in the table?
    I have read up on "make-table query's" but am real fuzzy on the process.

Is that the best and only way to do it?

-Confused

Seasons Greetings

Umm from what you have stated you have the ticket quantity and ticket value all by group. - good.

Youll be pleased to hear thats all you do . The error a lot of people make is to store information that is not required in the tables.

Calculations are made in reports and screen forms only in best practice. That way you will not have your DB reording information that could change. In your case when ticket sales require adjustment due to error the table amounts can be changed and the form/report calculation will reflect the new value.

hope that makes sense?

Gareth

Yep...I am trying to figure out how to base it off of a query.
    It's a hair pulling learning experience. LOL

-confused

ok I understand

could you zip the DB and add to add to reply so I see what you have - Ill sort it and post back soon as I have it - It may be quicker for you and youll see a variation of options as well