Unanswered: call for mysql tests

Today I added a feature to an app (SqlSpec) that allows you to generate docs about any MySQL database (5.0 or above). As I am just one guy, I need a little help testing it. Also this is my first foray into the world of MySQL.

So my question is, does anyone have any scripts for large databases (that is, many, many objects) in MySQL 5.0 and up they would be willing to share? All I have been able to find of any substance is sakila, which isn't all that big or complex. I'd like to test it on something more meaty.

Here's an example of what SqlSpec generated from the sakila database:
    http://www.elsasoft.org/chm/sakila.zip

Sorry, no big database for you yet. Maybe in the near future, I'll keep you posted.
    .chm looks nice, by the way !

Gr,
    Yveau

> SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0;
    Empty set (0.00 sec)

thanks.

quick clarification I didn't mention above - i don't need the data, just scripts to create lots of objects.

Provided Answers: 59
    like the approach... any idea as to the number of objects you may require....

I did look at one of our MySQL projects.. the general consensus was no way can that design go out the back door.. so sorry on that one.

have you consdiered 'just' writing some DDL to a flat file and importing it.

failing that try MySQL... the must have some pretty big test dbs'

good luck
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

healdem - if you like the tool and can't share your large schema, perhaps you'd be willing to run SqlSpec on your end and let me know how it goes? I'd be very grateful. you can pick it up here: http://www.elsasoft.org.

about the number of objects, the more the better. 50 would be a good start, but 5000 would be great! does SAP run on mysql?

I just posted a msg on the mysql.com forums so maybe I'll get some response there.

Quote Originally Posted by healdem
    have you consdiered 'just' writing some DDL to a flat file and importing it.
    I could, but I'd prefer some real databases from the wild to test on.
    Last edited by jezemine; 12-28-06 at 13:28.

I could try to convert the SIEBEL datamodel to MySQL for you ...
    About 2960 tables ... Same issue as healdem. Don't think I can send it to you. So if I succeed in converting it, I'll be happy to run your tool for you and send you the results.

Gr,
    Yveau

> SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0;
    Empty set (0.00 sec)

excellent, that's very much appreciated!