Unanswered: linking subreports to main report

I am using one of the reports as the main report, and simply drag the other reports into it. And I set the master link and the child link to the CustomerID and hoped it would work, but I got a messaged saying:

You can't use a pass-through query or a non-fixed-column crosstab query as a record source for a subform or subreport. Before you bind the subform or subreport to a crosstab query, set the query's columnheadings property.

Anyone know what this means and how could it be solveed?

Thanks in advance

Smile SQL Server or Cross Tab

From the error message it seems you are using a SQL Server Pass Through query or a Cross Tab query for the datasource for one of your reports. If you are using a SQL Server pass through query you will need to write an equivalent Access query to feed your report. If you have to feed the report with a cross tab query, you might need to save the results of the cross tab query into a temp table and then query from that.
    Greg Finzer
    http://www.kellermansoftware.com
    .NET Components

I'm not sure if this is the right answer, but...

Go to design view for your crosstab query, and pull up the properties for
    your column heading field. There's a column headings property, where you
    can force it to always use the same headings, and same number of columns.
    It's looking for something like "Jan","Feb","Mar"
    Inspiration Through Fermentation

From the error message it seems you are using a SQL Server Pass Through query or a Cross Tab query for the datasource for one of your reports. If you are using a SQL Server pass through query you will need to write an equivalent Access query to feed your report. If you have to feed the report with a cross tab query, you might need to save the results of the cross tab query into a temp table and then query from that.
    I am not sure if I could do that. The crosstab queries are subjected to changes. These crosstabs are generated from the same main table, due to multiple value groupings.

Go to design view for your crosstab query, and pull up the properties for your column heading field. There's a column headings property, where you
    can force it to always use the same headings, and same number of columns.
    It's looking for something like "Jan","Feb","Mar"
    I couldn't find it.

Are there any specific rules to linking reports together?
    Does the linking field has to be the first header on the main report?
    Can I create multiple crosstabs from the same maintable, and link these crosstabs together?

I cannot generate a templorary table, because the data in main table is subjected to chages.

More detailed description of the problem:
    I have generated multiple crosstabs from the same main table. (I have multiple value fields) Then each of these crosstabs is created into a report. I am trying to combine all these reports into 1 main report. I used one of these crosstabs - report as the base, then started dragging in all of the reports into the detail section of the report. I then linked all the reports (subreports) by the CustomerID.

Then I ran the report, but i got the message:

"You can’t use a pass-through query or a non-fixed-column crosstab query as a record source for a subform or subreport. Before you bind the subform or subreport to a crosstab query, set the query’s ColumnHeadings property. "