Unanswered: can I assign a SQL statement to a text box on a form?

Hello I am trying to create a sql statement that I can apply to an unbound text box on a form where it will take the value of the employee field and sum up the total amounts from one table for that employee.

Here is what I am wanting. I have Employee John's record pulled up in a form which is based on the employee table

now i have an unbound text box that averages the sales amounts he has made. which are on the sales table and there is a join between the employee numbers on each table.

how would I apply this to the unbound text box?

I tried putting in the control source for the unbound field on my Employee form:

SELECT Sum(EmployeeSales.SaleTotal) AS SumOfSalesTotal FROM EmployeeSales Where EmployeeSales.EmployeeID = Employee.Employee_ID

So this should sum up the SalesTotal for the employee that is pulled up on the Employee Form. but what shows up in the Unbound text box is #Name?

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Mythos

Provided Answers: 6
    You can't have an SQL statement as the control source of a textbox. Try a DSum() instead.
    Paul

You could put the SQL statement as the record source (but then it would be bound ) ... Sounds like you need to populate your unbound textbox thru VBA ...
    Back to Access ... ADO is not the way to go for speed ...

Yeah, it seems like it would belong in the OnCurrent event for the form itself.