Unanswered: Insert Page Sub-Total

Hi guys,

Im a newbie in crystal reports and have a simple question(i think). Im using visual basic 2005 with its built-in crystal reports. how can i populate sub-totals on every page of my reports and at the last page the grand total will appear.? and also, at the last page sub-total must appear first before the grand total. please help me..

Many thanks,
    Give me a place to code and i shall move the earth!

Can you give me a little more information i.e. what are you sub-totaling? I'm not familiar with VS 2005 but I'm familiar with Crystal Reports.

To get a subtotal, you usually group the data and then put the total calculation in the group footer. As for grand total, that goes in the report footer as a sum of the desired column data.

thank you for the reply. here is my sample...

COLA COLB
    A 500.00
    B 400.00
    C 250.00
    D 150.00
    -------

xxx.xx -> Page total to be printed on every page.
    xxx.xx -> grand total to be printed only on the last page.

If i use goupings, what will i do to populate only the totals for a page? if i use PRINT AT BOTTOM PAGE property will the grand total be printed after the page total or vise versa on the last page? coz i need to print the grand total after the page-total. also what if i only have 5 records and printing page and grand totals at bottom page is not necessary, can i print it exactly after the 5 records?

again thank u for your help..

I don't know of any way to insert only totals for each page. Usually in a report, totals are given by groupings. For example,grouping by soda gives totals for Coke, Sprite, Fanta etc. and then at the end of the report you have the grand total. The report footer, which should hold the grand total, will appear right after the data. However, anything in the pagefooter will appear at the bottom of the page.

I would suggest you group and then give totals for each grouping and then in the report footer put the grand total.

thank you very much...

you're welcome. Hope I was able to help you.

I have been reading through the posts waiting on a reply to my problem, and saw your question and remembered an earlier post with the answer.

See:
    http://www.dbforums.com/showthread.php?t=1117914

Looked like a clever idea.

Don