Unanswered: Visual Source Safe admin question

Hi - I am wondering if anyone can give me good advice on the following situation:

I'm a new employee at a place where the SQL Server/Visual Source Safe admin has left. Only his co-worker has a VSS account and the VSS admin never gave her the admin p/w and he cannot be contacted. We need to have an account set up for me.

My question is: How can this be done with the knowledge of the admin p/w? Would we have to backup the files, un-install VSS, re-install it and set up the admin account again, or have I answered my own question? Or are we screwed? I don't have enough experience with VSS to make a decision.
    At this point we're considering calling "Geek Sqaud" or "Geeks on Call", etc.

Thanks for any suggestions?

Ack. Don't call the Geek Squad.

Does the co-worker have admin rights on VSS?

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...VSS6Anchor.asp

Has a lot of information on how to get around in VSS.

She does now! She found the last admin p/w buried in a batch script for backing up the db. I can now check in/out, but db still owned by former admin.

You should be able to change ownership on the db to dbo and be good to go from there.

Glad things are working out without having to call in the troops.

Thanks. But, we think our problem is not yet solved. The previous guy (who was fired, BTW) stills owns the Access db I'm to be working on. ANy suggestions on how I can take ownership without messing things up? We've thought of dumping everything into a blank database, but then we'd have to re-point all the stored procedures, etc.

What would happen if we took this person's name off as a user? Would sprocs be affected? Any ideas from someone who really knows VSS???