Philadelphia area; however my company is represented everywhere
Unanswered: Unique opportunity- full time DBA Valley Forge, PA
We are Quest Diagnostics, the nation’s leading provider of diagnostic testing, information and services. Our clients include patients and consumers, physicians, hospitals, health insurers, employers and government agencies. For the second year in a row, Quest Diagnostics has been recognized by Computerworld magazine as one of the 100 Best Places to Work for IT professionals in the United States. Quest Diagnostics ranked #65 in the prestigious survey.
Design, implement & support of relational databases; responsible for RDBMS object design, implementation & maintenance; establish procedures/policies/standards for analysis,maintenance & implementation; integrates analysis, design & implementation across systems, platforms & business units; construct scripts; perform database design reviews to ensureperformance, security & integrity; provide on-call support.
- Develop code using PLSQL, Stored Procedures and Packages in Oracle.
- Design and develop, batch loading processes in Oracle using PLSQL. - Develop Unix shell scripts
- Provide programming and business analysis support for the design, development, and application testing.
- Develop and review deliverables including requirement, design and test documents.
- Collaborate with functional and technical teams to resolve technical database related issues.
- Develop DataStage jobs
- Develop Cognos Reports- Performance tuning of database objects.
- Expert in use of Oracle, PL SQL (6 years)- Experience with Datastage a plus- Strong knowledge of the Unix environment and shell scripting- Experience with Cognos report writing a plus- Datamodeling/Database design experience – transactional and reporting models
6 years of information systems experience; or an equivalent combination of education and work experience. 2+ years experience as Team Leader for data/database related activities on complex projects. Strong programming and analytical skills. Strong interpersonal skills In-depth knowledge of information systems concepts. Strong knowledge of applicable methodologies, tools, standards, and procedures. Demonstrated decision-making and leadership abilities. Strong organizational and problem solving abilities. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Required: B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent degree, minimum 6 years of hands on application development experience in a Oracle based environment.
contact me directly at bruce.x.mackenzie@questdiagnostics and you will receive a confidential reply