Thread: Error in Report

Unanswered: Error in Report

Hi,

I have the following SQL as the Record Source of a report:
    Code:
    SELECT tblCurrentUnderTest.*, (select actweight from ltlShip01 where (ltlShip01.bolno=BOL) and (ltlShip01.actweight <> WEIGHT)) AS ltlWT, forms!frmAutoFreightEntries!Temp_Batch.value AS Batch FROM tblCurrentUnderTest;
    The report has been working fine.

Today I decided to add a textbox in the report's Footer section. Control Name: SumOfAmt_Paid; Control Source: =Sum([AMT_PAID]). (AMT_PAID is a field in the table tblCurrentUnderTest, as well as a field in the report itself. I didn't mess with the structure of the report, I only added a footer.) Now I get the following error message when I try to run the report:

Multi-level GROUP BY clause is not allowed in a subquery.

The help is verbose, but not too helpful. When I try to run the Record Source by itself it still runs fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Sam

Provided Answers: 59
    might be worth adding the column to the detail row in the report (set it to invisible if required)
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

That didn't help, or maybe I don't know what you mean. What do I do with the footer?

Sam

I fixed it, although that meant I had to re-invent the wheel on the Record Source. Apparently, once I made the new text box which was bound to an aggregate query (...=Sum(...)), Access all of a sudden didn't like the

(select actweight from ltlShip01 where (ltlShip01.bolno=BOL) and (ltlShip01.actweight <> WEIGHT)) AS ltlWT

clause in the original record source. No I don't have any idea why.

Oh, well, you do whatchagottado. Thanks anyway,

Sam