Lightbulb Unanswered: Opening ADO recordset using VB in a server with IIS

Hello everybody

Anybody can help me on how to open an ADO recordset on a server running IIS in Visual Basic. I already installed IIS on my computer and also created my system DSN. Please any help, thank you in advance.

Brainiacs

VB is used to create executeables, not to be run from IIS.

IIS can ASP as a scripting language, which is similar to VB.

Take a look at ASP101.com
    Lou
    使大吃一惊
    "Lisa, in this house, we obey the laws of thermodynamics!" - Homer Simpson
    "I have my standards. They may be low, but I have them!" - Bette Middler
    "It's a book about a Spanish guy named Manual. You should read it." - Dilbert

Yeah i know we can do that in ASP, but i wanted to create a client desktop application in VB that can access my Microsoft Access database from the server running any Web Server (Apache or IIS) using ADO.

Is it possible and how?

Quote Originally Posted by Synapse1978
    Yeah i know we can do that in ASP, but i wanted to create a client desktop application in VB that can access my Microsoft Access database from the server running any Web Server (Apache or IIS) using ADO.

Is it possible and how?
    No.

Access isn't directly accessible over the internet. if you can't map a drive letter to the access folder, you can't get at it with ado. (you don't actually have to map the drive, but you have to be able to map a drive)

Note: you CAN get an ftp drive mapper software app that will map an ftp drive to a local drive, and then access the locally mapped file, but there are practicality issues with this approach.
    Lou
    使大吃一惊
    "Lisa, in this house, we obey the laws of thermodynamics!" - Homer Simpson
    "I have my standards. They may be low, but I have them!" - Bette Middler
    "It's a book about a Spanish guy named Manual. You should read it." - Dilbert