Unanswered: Help With A Write Conflict

Hey everyone,

I have a subform that contains a form with a list box, which contains search results. When clicked, the list box displays the information about the selected record within another subform.

When I select a record in the list box, I can also click a button which opens a form used to edit the record. The information concerning the record is inserted in text boxes, by taking the ID from the list box, and the information can be changed. An update query updates the record, but I am getting a write conflict.

At first, I thought it had something to do with the form containing the list box and the other subform, although I'm not sure. The update query pulls the record ID from the list box, so I changed it so that it got the record ID from the form itself when it updates and tried having the 1st form close after the edit form opened, but I still get the error. In other words, even with the edit form being the only open form, I'm still getting the error! Even opening the form by itself and manually entering the ID when prompted doesn't help.

It all works exactly as it should, except this error is displayed. If possible, I would like to simply hide the error if possible; the database is for school and if I can save time by hiding the error rather than solve the problem it wouldn't matter! I'm not particularly good with Access, but I've been playing around and haven't solved it yet.

Thanks
    Last edited by ShaunTaylor18; 01-08-07 at 13:39.

I fixed the problem!

I simply added:
    Code:
    Me.Refresh
    ...before the update query runs, forcing a disk write so that the record isn't dirty. The more irritating the problem, the smaller the answer