Cool Unanswered: Day light saving issue

Hi,
    I am researching 6 RDBMS plaforms for the time change issue and the water is a little murky. Running IDS 9.4 and above requires a patch 9.4.fc9 or 10.fc6 or the running of a util called JZTU. So what is not clear, does this util have to be run if all the java is upgraded to 1.5? If we are running HP or SUN? What about client only machines? From IBM:

The JTZU utility handles the following releases:
    IBM-developed Java releases on all platforms except iSeries: 1.2.2, 1.3.1, 1.4.0, 1.4.1, 1.4.2, 5.0
    IBM-modified Java 1.4.2 and 5.0 SDKs/JREs on Solaris and HP-UX platforms, shipped as part of an IBM-licensed product.

Thanks,
    DBAGIRL

Talking Update

If you are running on any platform besides HP you can run the utility, OS must be upgraded also and Java.

If you are on HP ( as we are) you must apply the patch, in our case 10.0.FC6 or 9.4.FC9.

There is SQl you can run to see if you will be affected. Here is the page:
    http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview...=UTF-8&lang=en

DBAGIRL

Are we affected

Hi,

We are using HP and IDS 9.40HC7.
    We do not use any java procedures in our applications.

Are we still affected by the Day light saving issue?

Thanks very much
    Infxuser

Wink

Let me guess, are you running peoplesoft? I ask that because that is the latest version of 9 they support. My understanding is you will not be affected but if anyone ever did create a java SP then you could have trouble. PS should be supporting the DST fix version, ask them if you are running PS.

Unfortunately there are no work arounds for HP so it's either remain as you are or upgrade.

DBAGIRL

If DBAGirl guessed correctly & you are a PSoft customer (I feel your pain) then you should definitely visit the Oracle website & review this document:

http://maintenance.peoplesoft.com/so...t_umbrella.htm

The contents of solution ID 201027921 is probably what you're looking for.