Cool Unanswered: day light savings

Hi,
    I am researching 6 RDBMS plaforms for the time change issue and the water is a little murky. Running DB2 v8.1 and v8.2 requires a patch or the running of a util called JZTU. So what is not clear, does this util have to be run if all the java is upgraded to 1.5? We are running Db2 on HP, AIX, and Linux. I have heard upgrading AIX to 5.3 fixed the problem and the patch or util are not required, does anyone know if this is true? What about HP and Linux?

Thanks,
    DBAGIRL

Provided Answers: 1
    DB2 uses IBM JVM, so I don't believe upgrading Sun Java environment is going to make a lot of difference. You will need to run JTZU (Java Time Zone Upgrade) to apply the fix, unless you decide to install Fixpak 14 instead.

http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview...=utf-8&lang=en
    ---
    "It does not work" is not a valid problem statement.

Are any changes needed if the DB2 server runs on GMT time?
    M. A. Feldman
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for z/OS and OS/390

Provided Answers: 1
    I'd consider it a low risk situation. Given that it's JVM that is being patched, I'd assume that only Java code that does (explicit or implicit) time calculations will be directly affected. On the other hand, IBM seem to have done a good job of isolating the time zone fix into a separate patch; remember, originally you had to apply entire Fixpak 14 on Windows for the daylight saving time fix alone... So I guess applying this fix is low risk too.
    ---
    "It does not work" is not a valid problem statement.