Unanswered: Change Object Dependencies

I've searched but am unable to find if Access 2003 provides a way to change "object dependencies."

A way to replace a query in a report with another query with the exact same structures.

Paradox does by use of a term called "borrowing" which allows borrowing a structure from another object.

Thanks . . . Rick

Do you mean you need to change something more than the report's Record Source property?
    Inspiration Through Fermentation

Provided Answers: 1
    I fyou have another query with the exact same structure, I wonder if a parameter query might be more appropriate.

Otherwise you can explicitly handle the "OnOpen" event of the report and change the report's recordsource at runtime.
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

*** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***

Actually I found a nice slick way to accomplish this. I spent time looking it up in my Access 2003 Bible (1,400 pages) but couldn't find the name for it.

In the very top left side of the report, and sub report, is a little square gray box. It's small. I found by clicking on this I was able to change the Record Source.

All I have left to do is select the fields from the field list and place them in the detail section of the report and all of my calculations, report formatting, etc. are all in place. It works for the subReport also.

I'm interested in Teddy's solution . . . "explicitly handle the "OnOpen" event of the report and change the report's recordsource at runtime."

I don't know how to affect the OnOpen runtine thing on the fly for both the report and subreport to change the record source. Also, how would this place the fields in the detail sections?

Thanks much everyone. Rick

Saved queries. I spoke to soon!

qryNameA

qryNameB (identical structure as qryA)

rptAlpha based on qryNameA fields, etc.

I copy rptAlpha into a subReport of another report and change the Control Source to qryNameB. Rename the report to rptBravo.

The resultant calculations from qryNameB are saved back to the subReport in rptAlpha.

Not my desired intention!

Any ideas.

Thanks . . . Rick