Unanswered: using Set chained ON in sybase IQ

I'm using syabse IQ for archiving data. Sybase Iq by default runs in UNCHAINED mode. I Want to migrate data from SYBASE ASE to SYBASE IQ thru java code.

But when I use default UNCHAINED mode for inserting data from ASE to IQ it takes very long time around 15 min for 500 records;
    Same thing when run with CHAINED mode using 'set chained on' Takes just 8sec.

Now I want to know if CHAINED mode can create any problems for inserting Large number of records.

Sybase IQ does like large sets of direct INSERT's. 8 secs for 500 records is far too long. Sybase IQ can do more than a million in 8 secs (no kidding!) using LOAD statement.

Ya I'm aware of load statements. But I have a remote connection to IQ server from my place. And to Execute Load statements the file must exist in SAN. In this situation I have to use insert instead of Load. I'm just conerned about using CHAINED mode for executing inserts. Is there any problem that may arise IF I use CHAINED mode?

Just that if the tables are large, then you may end up with large versioning consuming resources.