Unanswered: removal of blank line from delimited output generated from oracle reports 10

Hi All,

I have an oracle report (basically data extract from a table) which produces a delimited output but leaves the first line blank.

I think this is because I have removed the XML Tags from the individual column property tags and now it is showing the blank column heading line.

Any idea, how to remove this blankline.

Thanks a lot.
    Gautam

Provided Answers: 4
    I'm not sure will it do any good, but - if I understood what you need - you might try to create a Format Trigger (for heading that you don't want to display) which would have only one line: RETURN (FALSE);

Thanks a lot mate. Actually this is a space delimited (txt) output report and we do not have a layout for this one, hence we cannot use format triggers.

Provided Answers: 4
    Ah! So it isn't Reports Builder, but SQL report? If so, could you post your script (or, even better, adjust it to select data from one of ths Scott's tables), all your SET HEADING/TERMOUT/WHATEVER OFF so that we could try it ourself? Perhaps someone will get an idea if (s)he sees it.

Oh yes, this is oracle reports. But we are not using the layout because this is tab delimited output.

DOOD ...
    Is it SPACE delimited or TAB delimited?? These two are not the same yet you mention both.
    - The_Duck
    you can lead someone to something but they will never learn anything ...