Unanswered: SQL 2000 and CCrystal Reports 10 error

I am converting a report from Crystal 8.5 to Crystal 10 and receiving this error message:

Query Engine Error: '2001:[microsoft][odbc sql server]string or binary data would be truncated.'

I am using a stored proc in SQL 2000 that returns a text field for the output.

This has completely confused me - any help will be appreciated.

looks like you are trying to put a field in a variable or table column that's not big enough for it.

Thats what I thought initially but the problem appears when I try to :
    Browse the data source for the tables that I want to add to a report.

It runs fine in Query Analyzer on SQL Server - just when Crystal looks at it does the problem appear. In the system I can add other stored procs, tables and views. Just not this one.

Does Crystal have anything against text fields?

What's the size of your text field created from the proc? And what's the type and size of the Crystal field?
    Abbra_doo

The field was a text field originally. I have converted it to a varchar(255) field.
    I can not even get it into Crystal. I gives the error upon trying to import the proc into Crystal. Right in the Data Expert section when trying to import the data source tables. I select the proc and try to get it into the selected tables section.