Unanswered: Creating field in table from data in other fields

Can I create a field in an Access db table from data in other fields in the same table without coding? I think I can use expression builder but am stuck, maybe it cannot be done. Thanks

What do you mean? Can you give an example?
    Back to Access ... ADO is not the way to go for speed ...

I have say 4 fields in a table with data in them; let's say all text. I would like to create a field that automatically is populated with the data of all 4. Ex: 4 fields = a, bb, ccc, dddd. I would like a field that automatically gets filled with "a bb ccc dddd". I guess I could do it in the form since it is for display purposes only for the data input person. But I don't know how yet to create such a "display field" made up of the data in these other fields.

Provided Answers: 59
    set the data to [field1] & [field2] & [field3] & [field4]
    probably best to do this as a function in the form mind you... that way round as the customer changes any of the 4 values its automatically propogated

function concatentedata() as string
    concatentedata = [field1] & " " & [field2] & " " & [field3] & " " & [field4]
    exit function

then call that fucntion in each of the following events
    form.??????? 'forget the name of this event could be reload, refresh or what ever
    field1.onchange field1.lostfocus
    ....ant the same for fields2,3, & 4

make sure the target control is locked so that the user cannot put values in it
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

thanks, but are you writing code here?

Thanks for your time to help me. But I think your answer is code that someone would write, and i do not know how to write code for this stuff, only how to use, and to a limited extent, the "automatic" functions of Access, "expression builder, wizards, design view, etc). If this is not 'code" where would I put all of this? Do I just create a "field" in the table and use a query to get the info from the other fields? Sorry, I am pretty much a "novice intermediate" at this.
    Thanks