Unanswered: Stored Procedure in Query Analyzer vs Linked Procedure in MS Access

For some reason, I run a stored procedure in Query Analyzer and it works fine. When I run the very same procedure in MS access by clicking on its link I have to run it twice. The first run gives me the message that the stored procedure ran correctly but returned no records. The second run gives me the correct number of records but I have to run it twice. I am running month-to-month data. The first run is Jan thru March. Jan and Feb have no records so I run three months on the first set. The ensuing runs are individual months from April onward. The output is correct but any ideas on why I have to do it twice in Access? I am a bit new to stored procedures but my supervisor assures me that it should be exactly the same.

ddave

Hi

How are you running it in Access? (pass through query, ADO, ADE etc)
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump
    ur codings are working excelent.

Lightbulb

Hi,

Thanks for responding. It is ADO but I have had the issue resolved now. In my limited knowledge of how stored procedures work w/ an Access front end I didn't realize that our program was simply adding records to a table. It in fact was doing so successfully. I kept running the procedure on the Access side and kept expecting output ala Query Analyzer. The program writes to a text file so I merely wasn't looking in the right place for the output.

ddave