Hi All,

We are trying to restore a backup that we took last night on a fresh
new Tape. The backup was successful but the restore is failing with the
following error:


db2 => restore db gpiecuk from /dev/rmt0
SQL0980C A disk error occurred. Subsequent SQL statements cannot be
processed. SQLSTATE=58005


Looking into Db2diag, we found the following error:


2007-01-11-18.41.07.500528+000 I156060C339 LEVEL: Error
PID : 41792 TID : 1 PROC : db2med.47288.0
0
INSTANCE: abcde NODE : 000
FUNCTION: DB2 UDB, database utilities, sqluReadFromFileDevice, probe:90
DATA #1 : Hexdump, 4 bytes
0x2FF21250 : 860F 0003 ....


2007-01-11-18.41.07.500883+000 I156400C339 LEVEL: Warning
PID : 41792 TID : 1 PROC : db2med.47288.0
0
INSTANCE: abcde NODE : 000
FUNCTION: DB2 UDB, database utilities, sqluMCReadMediaHeaderFromDevice,
probe:80
MESSAGE : Media controller -- Problem reading header from device:
0x860f0003


The message seems to be clear that the HEADER is missing from the Tape.
How to resolve this issue.


The backup was taken on a database on TEST Server which is on db2v7.2.
We are trying to restore it to database in DEV Box which is at Db2v8.2.
The command used to take backup was :
db2 backup database dbname to /dev/rmt0


I got the error while doing the restore.

The userid used to do the backup and then restore were the same.

Do you think we need to do something like formating the tape before
using it.

Platform is AIX.


Regards,
Divakar