Smile Unanswered: i need perl debugger

Hi friends.. I'm quite new about perl..Also i want to learn it....Do you know anyprogram about perl debuggur? thanx....

Provided Answers: 54
    One of us (you or me) is confused... The Perl debugger is built into the Perl interpreter. The debugger isn't a separate executable.

I activate the Perl debugger by including the -d switch on the command line.

-PatP

thanx in advance..perl is very hard i think...

Provided Answers: 54
    I suppose that "hard" is relative.

Perl is probably the easiest scripting languages that I know at least in terms of my being able to do productive things with the language. Many of the things that I want to do involve trudging through huge piles of data, generally millions or billions of rows of text and doing relatively simple things with those rows... I usually filter all but a few thousand out as "uninteresting" to me, then do something simple like print the remaining lines with a simple substitution.

Everybody has their own perception of easy versus hard so your milage may vary, but I think Perl is quite easy!

-PatP

The debugger isn't going to be too useful though if you don't know perl. Do you mean you need a perl interpreter? Then all you need is perl, or activestate perl if usng windows.

i mean for example i wrote a program on Perl and i want to see what i did..
    what should i do?

you mean you want to see the output generated by the program? All you need for that is perl. If you want to run it as a CGI in a browser you need an http server as well. But just to run a perl program:

perl name_of_program.pl

thanx KevinADC...........

Komodo editor/debugger is a great tool from ActiveState