Question Unanswered: Performing subtraction functions in reports

I have created a report with unbound text boxes in my database. I am trying to get a running number of days total based upon todays date.

I have gone into the control source for my unbound text box and put the following expression in:

=Date()-[DateAppreciationLtrSentToCompl], however, when I view the report I continue to get an Error.

What is wrong with my expression? Any help would be appreciated.

Provided Answers: 6
    Make sure you don't have a control with the same name as a field, which can confuse Access.
    Paul

The ControlSource of a control makes it BOUND ... Where in the report is this textbox? Also, you get an error ... What error is it?
    Back to Access ... ADO is not the way to go for speed ...

Control Source

I am running a query where I am trying to get total # of elapsed days based upon the current date. The two expressions I have been using are: DateDiff(Date()-[Recommendation]![DateAppreciationLtrSentToCompl]) and =Date()-[Recommendation]![DateAppreciationLtrSentToCompl]) I have spent hours trying every different combo to get the calculation to work. I continue to get aggregate function and the expression contains the wrong number of arguments.

Can anyone give me an example of what my total elapsed days expression should look like?
    Last edited by Tazzz; 01-16-07 at 22:09.